2000 Outrage 18 Navigation Lamp Removal

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
RandyV

2000 Outrage 18 Navigation Lamp Removal

Postby RandyV » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 am

Before I muscle off the old [sidelight lamps on the bow of a 2000 Boston Whaler OUTRAGE 18 boat] that have deteriorated lenses in both starboard and port, does anyone know what adhesive is used to attach them? I bought new ones with LED replacement core that look the same but need to replace the entire base assembly to install them. On the factory ones, after removing the screws that hold the SS lens cover and deteriorated lens, the base is still solidly attached to the hull and I don't want to damage anything by using excessive muscle . Any suggestions?

Or maybe I'm going about this all wrong and should just replace the lens. Are these Pergo? What is the part number and source for new lens?

Randy
2000 Outrage 18, 225 Optimax

jimh

Re: 2000 Outrage 18 Navigation Lamp Removal

Postby jimh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:09 am

If there is a strong adhesive holding the base of the sidelight lamps to the deck on your 2000 Boston Whaler OUTRAGE 18 boat, contact Boston Whaler customer service for advice about the adhesive most likely to have been used. For some very strong adhesive-sealant products, the bond between the joined parts can be very strong, and separation can be difficult. There may be a special solvent that can be used to weaken the bond of the cured adhesive. Chuck Bennett at Boston Whaler factory customer service can provide advice on this.

Boston Whaler factory customer service can also give you details about the manufacturer of the navigation lamps used for the sidelights on the 2000 Boston Whaler OUTRAGE 18 boat.

I am not aware of any manufacturer of navigation lamps with the name PERGO. Perhaps you are mistaking PERGO for PERKO.