Outrage 22 Alternative Helm Seating

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Redline

Outrage 22 Alternative Helm Seating

Postby Redline » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:12 pm

[This author wants to make contact with others who] have experience with aftermarket seating on an OUTRAGE 22.

I have seats made by Pompette now, and I have had a leaning post in the past. [I am] wondering [if] any captain's chairs might fit.

Redline

jimh

Re: Outrage 22 Alternative Helm Seating

Postby jimh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:27 pm

What questions did you want to ask the other Outrage 22 owners who have "experience" with after-market seating?

If you give you questions now then readers who are owners of an Outrage 22 who have "experience" with after-market seating will be able to immediately try to answer them.

Redline

Postby Redline » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks jimh

Question is whether other outrage 22' owners have outfitted their boats with some of the after- market helm seats that are available- and if so, what type of modifications needed to be made ... Pedestal seat height, width of chairs etc

Redline

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:59 pm

There seems to be a standard dimension for the diameter of the mounting post for a pedestal seat. Also, there is uniformity in the hole layout of the actual seat base for attachment to the coupler that mounts on the pedestal. This permits some interchange among seats on a pedestal base without much fuss.

I am certain that there are hundreds of owners of Boston Whaler boats who have changed the pedestal seats. But I am afraid I am not one of them. I cannot offer any first-hand advice on alternative seating; I am still using the rather plain molded seats that came with my 22-foot Boston Whaler boat as standard equipment in 1990. I have noted that there are many options available, and there is almost no upper bound to how much one can spend on a helm seat.

Redline

Postby Redline » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks jim - amen to the price reference....
In a perfect world, I would have a comfortable helm seat and a single seat leaning post / rocket launcher in place of twin swivel seats-
It's h$&@ getting old and any time I can sit in a comfortable seat, I'm all in....
Redline