2009 Super Sport 130 Anchor Locker Drain, Sprue Hole

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Jordi

2009 Super Sport 130 Anchor Locker Drain, Sprue Hole

Postby Jordi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Good afternoon. My name is Jordi.I am a recent owner of a second hand 2009 Super Sport 130. I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and I live in Miami (Florida) since two years ago. A month ago I purchased [a 2009 Boston Whaler 130 Super Sport] after doing an engine inspection and a water test. In theory everything was okay, but we forgot to remove the anchor to look inside the anchor locker. Last Sunday, when I was rinsing the boat I found a round cap and a hole underneath. I don't understand why they did that hole, but my main worry is that a major repair was done in the boat. I bought the boat through a dealer and I can not talk to the previous owner to find out what is that hole.

After [one hour] boating the anchor locker gets full of water. I realized that water comes from the drain hole because the previous plug was corroded. I changed the plug but it leaks a bit by the sides. I guess I can stop this leak using silicone.

Do Boston Whaler Super Sport boats have a drain hole in the anchor locker? or it was done by the previous owner?

What do you think that hole was done for?

I attach pictures of the anchor locker.

Thank you very much in advance and happy to be part of the Boston Whaler community (if I can fix this problem :) )

Jordi
Attachments
Anchor locker.jpg
Anchor locker.jpg (81 KiB) Viewed 1955 times

jimh

Re: 2009 Super Sport 130 Anchor Locker Drain, Sprue Hole

Postby jimh » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:12 pm

You are probably seeing the SPRUE HOLE.

Read these articles:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou ... gle+Search