c.1987 Captain's Seat Replacement Cushions

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
SeattleD

c.1987 Captain's Seat Replacement Cushions

Postby SeattleD » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:38 am

I have a 1987 REVENGE 20 W/T. I need a replacement cushion (not necessarily OEM) for the OEM captain's seat, pictured below:

chair9.jpg
Fig. 1. Captain's Seat from 1987 REVENGE 20 W/T
chair9.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 3097 times

Who or where is a source for a replacement cushion?

Who made this seat?

What is the model designator?

Thank you.

jimh

Re: c.1987 Captain's Seat Replacement Cushions

Postby jimh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 am

On the basis that the metal components of the mount for the seat were made by SPRINGFIELD, I suspect the molded seat was made by them, too.

I believe the seat was called the YACHTSMAN. There is now a model called the YACHTSMAN II: See

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/products/chairs/molded-seats/yachtsman-ii-seat

SPRINGFIELD makes a cushion set for the YACHTSMAN II seat. I don't know that it will be an exact fit for your OEM seat.

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/products/chairs/chair-cushions/yachtsman-cushions-2

You might inquire with SPRINGFIELD about this. They have some long-time employees that would be able to recall information like this.

Also, that slot or open channel in the middle of the seat bottom you show above looks unusual to me. I used to own a 1987 REVENGE 20 W/T, and I do not recall that the seats had those slots.

Another consideration is the color of the seat and the cushions. SPRINGFIELD refers to the seat and the cushion color as white. In the c.1987 OEM Boston Whaler seat and cushion set, the color of the molded seat was likely an off-white and the cushion set was probably in Parchment vinyl.

Also see this prior discussion about Springfield seats as OEM for Boston Whaler:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3802&p=21430