Trailer Bunk Brackets without Slots

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
SpongeBob

Trailer Bunk Brackets without Slots

Postby SpongeBob » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Q1: what vendor sells trailer bunk brackets with holes instead of slots to insert the bolts or U-bolts into?

ASIDE
I find it much easier to adjust all brackets to the same height or different heights in front and back using a bracket with holes. To count the holes to set the height of a bunk is easy. The only bunk trailer brackets I find online are brackets with a long slot at the top and a long slide at the bottom. Granted, these are infinitely adjustable, but I prefer the brackets with eight to 10 holes.

Jeff

jimh

Re: Trailer Bunk Brackets without Slots

Postby jimh » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:03 pm

SpongeBob

Postby SpongeBob » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:54 pm

Thanks Jim I appreciate the reply.

Those [trailer bunk brackets] do have holes but not the ones that I am looking for.

The [trailer bunk brackets] that I’m looking for are made out of U channel. They are just like the ones with slots but they have holes instead of slots.

I’m not sure that the ones you referenced are strong enough.

Jeff

SpongeBob

Postby SpongeBob » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:35 pm

Jim, I want to thank you. I did some searching and found Jeff Rolfing’s video on setting up a trailer for a 13 Whaler. Jeff and I have conversed and he help me replace the floor and my 22 Outrage over 15 years ago so I trust him, and looking on his video the brackets that he used were identical to the ones you showed me. So again thank you I will be going to the ones you referenced.

Jeff