FS: 1980 SPORT 13 now $9,500 in Massachusetts

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
RVTracker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2024 1:51 pm

FS: 1980 SPORT 13 now $9,500 in Massachusetts

Postby RVTracker » Mon May 04, 2026 11:53 am

For-sale: a 1980 SPORT 13 with 2006 Mercury 30-HP FourStroke on a Karavan trailer for $10,500 [now $9,500] in western Massachusetts.
CONTACT: ajharo198@gmail.com
Additional photos on request.

The 1980 SPORT 13’s condition is very good, with original mahogany wooden components, a stainless steel steering wheel, railings, and navigation lamps. The HIN production sequence number is 3883, and model year designation is 80A; the stencil number is 2C2664.

The 2006 Mercury 30-HP F30ELPT long shaft (20-inch transom height) is serial number OR158136 and has approximately 190 hours run time. It has power trim-tilt. There is a 12-Volt lead-acid marine battery.

The trailer is 2021 Karavan KBE1250 with a 2-inch-ball hitch, and it has less than 500 miles on the highway.

A fabric cover with drawstring and nylon quick-release straps and wood battens is included.

IMG_3225.jpg
FIg. 1.
IMG_3225.jpg (160.98 KiB) Viewed 2172 times


IMG_3229.jpg
Fig. 2.
IMG_3229.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 2168 times


IMG_3226.jpg
Fig. 3.
IMG_3226.jpg (110.6 KiB) Viewed 2168 times


As far as I know I am the second owner. Everything is original 1980 as far as I can tell. The mahogany woodwork has just been refinished with epoxy and oil-based polyurethane varnish. The gelcoat is original Desert Tan with minimal minor crazing on the forward gunwales. The hull has been painted with antifouling bottom paint below the waterline. The first owner had it on Cape Cod; I have used it for perhaps 20 hours total over the past 5 seasons, primarily in freshwater.

I replaced the trailer with a new 2021 Karavan trailer soon after I acquired the boat; original wood bunks with fabric covers, keel rollers and added side rollers.

The engine was fully serviced in 2021. I have winterized the engine every fall; it has had no problems and starts up every time.

The battery is new. The electrical system has been upgraded with new wiring and a fuse block.

The boat has been stored on the trailer outside at my home, with the fabric cover on all winter and in summer when not in use.

The engine is a little large for this boat but that means there is plenty of power which is welcome with a full load of passengers.

It has been a great boat and I have enjoyed it well but am just not using it enough to justify keeping it. Great boat as a tender or to make some young person’s dream come true.

Accessories included:
• External fuel filter/water separator
• 5 gallon plastic fuel tank and fuel hose
• Battery box with strap hold-down
• White All-Round pole lamp
• Two wooden paddles
• 8-lbs Danforth anchor with 100-feet 1/2-inch nylon anchor rode
• Rear tie-down strap
• Canvas cover and wooded battens
• 575-CCA marine battery and battery box
• Various lubricants, cleaners, and wax; grease gun

RVTracker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2024 1:51 pm

Re: FS: 1980 SPORT 13 $9,500 in Massachusetts

Postby RVTracker » Sun Jun 07, 2026 3:57 pm

Price reduced to $9,500.

I will be advertising this boat on other sites soon, so please reply ASAP if you are interested.

RVTracker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2024 1:51 pm

Re: FS: 1980 SPORT 13 now $8,500 in Massachusetts

Postby RVTracker » Thu Aug 13, 2026 10:10 am

Price reduced to $8500. Several others are interested from FB and CL, so please respond ASAP via email. I would prefer to sell to a CW member who has an honest interest in things Whaler.