Searching New and Old Forum for Content

Introduction to the forum software and its feature. You can use this for test postings. This is not a boating forum
Kolbert

Searching New and Old Forum for Content

Postby Kolbert » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:45 am

[While looking for information] I searched the new forum on the arguments "tilt tube and pivot tube", and only one post came up.

I [presumed] the new forum [internal search function] would also search the old forum, so I did not go and search on the old [forum].

jimh

Re: Searching New and Old Forum for Content

Postby jimh » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:43 am

[Moved from a boating forum for discussion in this forum]

Kolbert wrote:I [presumed] the new forum [internal search function] would also search the old forum, so I did not search on the old [forum].
To clairfy, the search provided as part of the software operating the new forum only searches on the new forum.

The old forum is now completely static. There never was any search function that was part of the old forum.

There has almost always been a search function that searched the entire website, without using any external search agent like BING or GOOGLE, but that function had to be removed when the web site host changed more than seven years ago.

There is now a search function which can be used to search either new or old forum, search the old forum by topic area, and search the entire website. It really just creates GOOGLE search arguments based on how the form for the search is filled out.

The website search function is located at

https://continuouswave.com/whaler/search.html

{I know the location of the global website search should be on the top page of the website, but at this moment I am having a bit of trouble moving it.]