Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: The Whaler GAM or General Area
  Capacity Plate

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Capacity Plate
70_Katama posted 04-27-2001 12:34 PM ET (US)   Profile for 70_Katama   Send Email to 70_Katama  
Is a Capacity Plate required on my 70 whaler by the USCG?
Tom W Clark posted 04-27-2001 12:40 PM ET (US)     Profile for Tom W Clark  Send Email to Tom W Clark     
Strictly speaking, no. It's only required at the time of intial sale.
70_Katama posted 04-27-2001 01:05 PM ET (US)     Profile for 70_Katama  Send Email to 70_Katama     
Thanks Tom
sorcerer posted 04-27-2001 01:16 PM ET (US)     Profile for sorcerer    
All boats under 20' since October 31.1972 must carry a capacity plate USCG regulations (certain exceptions). Since August 1980 outboard boats have shown max. hp for motor (s) max. persons and max. weight for persons, motor and gear.

Some states require a capacity plate for registration, if not available the boat must be recertified for capacity by a state assigned authority.

In the case of your '70 it isn't necessary, but check your state laws.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.