Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Bait Pump

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Bait Pump
simon posted 12-29-2000 04:43 PM ET (US)   Profile for simon   Send Email to simon  
any suggestions on a bait pump? I was thinking of a thru-hull installation, but I'm not sure if that is a good way to go. I have a drain tube on the back of the transom near the bottom of the boat. I would like to mount something through that pipe but I don't know if anyone sells a "thru-hull horizontal pick-up pump, vice thru-hull vertical" bait pump. I own a 1977 Outrage 19 ft. If anyone has any good ideas or designs it would be greatly appeciated.
Thanks, Pat Simon
whalertim posted 12-29-2000 07:14 PM ET (US)     Profile for whalertim  Send Email to whalertim     
Hi Pat! It's good to have someone else here from NC that is a whaler fan. In reguards to your question, I can't help you much, but You can get alot of good advice from this site. Good luck
Tim / Four Oaks NC
dauntlass 18 posted 01-04-2001 07:17 AM ET (US)     Profile for dauntlass 18  Send Email to dauntlass 18     
Attwood makes a pump model#A500,A600orA750 which may suite your need it can be mounted horz. or vert. Ck there web site.Whaler used there pump in my Whaler for bait tank.
FISHNFF posted 01-05-2001 12:01 AM ET (US)     Profile for FISHNFF  Send Email to FISHNFF     
If you trailer your boat, I would recommend the Aqua World transom mount pump. It is essentially a Rule bilge pump mounted on a special bracket which allows forced water intake while underway. Since the pump is below the water it is self priming. They draw very little current(about 2 amps) and are very simple compared to WaterPuppy type pumps. If it burns out, just go but a Rule bilge pump for 10 bucks. West Marine sells them for 50-80 bucks. You can buy the small one, buy a bigger bilge pump, and swap it out and save money!
simon posted 01-06-2001 09:58 AM ET (US)     Profile for simon  Send Email to simon     
Thanks for the insight on the attwood. If I mount it horizontally through the pre-existing transom drain hole, will I be able to put some type of screen over intake, and, will it pick up watre while running?
dauntlass 18 posted 01-07-2001 08:31 AM ET (US)     Profile for dauntlass 18  Send Email to dauntlass 18     
My pump is mounted vertical near transom on bottom of boat.Attwood instructions indicate through transom better way to mount and supply two part numbers for transom thru mount #3885 or#4232strainer fitting.If pump is remote mounted at transom the part# for strainer is 3886.I can email you drawing let me know .
simon posted 01-10-2001 09:45 PM ET (US)     Profile for simon  Send Email to simon     
fire away with the drawing/sketch. Ihank'm fired up over the Bait Well. Need some suggestions.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.