Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
  1997 OUTRAGE 19 T-TOP

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   1997 OUTRAGE 19 T-TOP
skeepyjack posted 04-20-2006 05:38 PM ET (US)   Profile for skeepyjack   Send Email to skeepyjack  
[How thick is the deck of a 1997 OUTRAGE 19?] I plan to install the after market T-Top, and need to screw down to the floor. Has been check at whaler web site but there is not enough info. Thanks
aubv posted 04-20-2006 06:12 PM ET (US)     Profile for aubv  Send Email to aubv     

A place to start would be to pull off the gas tank inspection hatch cover located on the deck between the CC and the RPS. You should be able to get a sense of how thick the deck is at this location.

Have you looked at the wood location diagram for the boat?
I would question the longevity of deck only t-top mounting points.

skeepyjack posted 04-20-2006 06:23 PM ET (US)     Profile for skeepyjack  Send Email to skeepyjack     
Thank for the reply. There is no wood at the floor where the T-Top legs locate. The ttop also bolt to the cc but it needs to has legs scew down to the floor (even the BW' ttop one).
phatwhaler posted 04-21-2006 08:58 AM ET (US)     Profile for phatwhaler  Send Email to phatwhaler     
A T-top was a factory option on the 1997 Outrage 19/20. I think that if your boat says Outrage 19 it's probably a 1996. According to the T-top is secured to the deck with 1/4"-20 x 2.5" machine screws. I believe there is a plate(aluminum?) molded into the hull. I would call whaler,give them your HIN number, and ask if these plates are present. I would use the factory mounting points if possible.


bsmotril posted 04-21-2006 11:17 AM ET (US)     Profile for bsmotril  Send Email to bsmotril     
The website should have online drawings showing the wood under the deck locations and dimensions. If they don't have that model yr online, a call to Whaler customer service will get you a fax or email with the drawing file. BillS
Perry posted 04-21-2006 01:14 PM ET (US)     Profile for Perry  Send Email to Perry     
On hulls that have factory t-top options, there are 1/2" thick phenolic pads laminated in the deck. A stud-finder will easily locate these pads.

My 190 Outrage has no factory t-top option but according to the wood diagram (and stud-finder) has four 8" X 8" X 1/2" phenolic pads for aftermarket t-top installation.

Try calling whaler to confirm your hull has these pads and then take a stud-finder to your hull and mark their location with a pencil.

skeepyjack posted 04-22-2006 12:34 AM ET (US)     Profile for skeepyjack  Send Email to skeepyjack     
Thanks for all the info, now I can located all the pads (surround the CC) with the stud-finder and those similar model's drawings from My other question is: [what is the] material (core) the other part of the floor made by (excluding those arae had the Phelonic or Plywood pads inserted)?
Wiscbw posted 04-29-2006 08:16 AM ET (US)     Profile for Wiscbw  Send Email to Wiscbw     
I have an almost complete BW drawing showing the material under the deck with locations and dimensions for a 1996 Outrage 19'. If you still need it, I can send you a scanned copy.

skeepyjack posted 05-01-2006 05:02 PM ET (US)     Profile for skeepyjack  Send Email to skeepyjack     
Would you please send me the one for 1997 19/20' (I could not find it on BW website). my email is in my profile. Thanks Skeepyjack

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.