Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Post-Classic Whalers
  1999 OUTRAGE 21: Plumbing

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   1999 OUTRAGE 21: Plumbing
outrageous21 posted 04-26-2006 11:52 AM ET (US)   Profile for outrageous21   Send Email to outrageous21  
I recently purchased a 1999 OUTRAGE 21. I have a bait live well and a raw water wash down. When I turn on the dash switch for raw water, water shoots out of the livewell and comes out of the wash down connection. I can't get enough water pressure to use a hose on the wash down because it powers both at the same time. I can't find a valve or switch anywhere. Am I missing something?

The drain on the live well is very big (2-inches wide). What is used to clog the drain in order to get the water to stay in? I have looked for drain plugs and cannot find one over one inch.

What is the purpose of the sump pump? It seems to have the same function as my bilge pump. Thank you in advance for your replies.

bsmotril posted 04-26-2006 12:28 PM ET (US)     Profile for bsmotril  Send Email to bsmotril     
The nozzle inside the livewell is also a valve. Turn the nozzle clockwise to turn off flow to the livewell and divert it all to the washdown hose. Turn it counterclockwise to divert more flow to the livewell at the expense of pressure to the washdown pump. Turn it too far counter clockwise and it comes out completely, don't loose the small rubber o-ring around the nozzle's base. BillS
outrageous21 posted 04-26-2006 09:47 PM ET (US)     Profile for outrageous21  Send Email to outrageous21     
I have figured out a few things such as the sump pump is just a forward bilge [pump], and the drain for the livewell is missing a piece I ordered from whaler today. I am still having trouble with finding the valve to control water flow. I tried turning the nozzle in the livewell and it doesn't move. I asked the Boston Whaler company representative; they said there is a lever in the bilge area, which I was unable to find also. Let me know where it is, because if it is supposed to be on the nozzle in the livewell then it is missing. Show me a picture of the livewell nozzle. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
jimh posted 04-26-2006 11:17 PM ET (US)     Profile for jimh  Send Email to jimh     
[Moved this discussion of a 1999 OUTRAGE 21 to the POST-CLASSIC area.]
bsmotril posted 04-27-2006 06:45 PM ET (US)     Profile for bsmotril  Send Email to bsmotril     
The livewell nozzle has a flattened tip so you can grip it between your finger and thumb when you twist it. It is possible the nozzle was removed leaving just the threaded tube which would not twist if you tried to turn it. The lever in the bilge is a seacock and just closes off the through hull fitting for the pump. BillS
Mambo Minnow posted 04-27-2006 08:25 PM ET (US)     Profile for Mambo Minnow    
I have a 99 COnquest 21...same hull as yours with same options. The level valve you are looking for is in the port quarter aft. Lift the removable seat, stick your head below deck and look for your right, boat's port quarter. You will see a brass, level action valve. It goes to the outer hull water intake.
WahooWah posted 04-27-2006 08:36 PM ET (US)     Profile for WahooWah  Send Email to WahooWah     
I have a 1999 21' Outrage and love it! It does have a little less room in front of the console. I had a marine fabricator make a folding seat for the front of the console (which I humbly think is better designed than the Whaler seat). You can fold it flat against the console when you don't need it, and put it up when you do. I designed mine so that 2 5-gal buckets fit under it when it is in the up position.

Would love to hear other opinions (good and bad) about this boat.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.